We are calling on the public and on publicly elected members of local government to:
- Ensure that these precious public assets are primarily directed towards fulfilling Toronto's pressing need for publicly accessible parkland and green space
- Get the scheduled Master Plan for Exhibition Place runing as soon as possible, and ensure the outcome reflects a fully consultative process with local communities and other residents of Toronto
- Pressure the Province to initiate a Master Plan for Ontario Place, to be conducted as quickly as possible, again in full consultation with Toronto residents
- Walk back the recently changed Relationship Frameworks for Exhibition Place and Ontario Place, which subvert the traditional public park space mandate of these lands by directing administrators to 'maximize revenue from all sources'
- Reject the current Exhibition Place Board of Governors' request for an Official Plan Amendment allowing private leases of Heritage Buildings for longer than 21 years (in the remaining Parks and Open Space lands), effectively disposing of these historic building
Interested in helping with this important effort? Here's what you can do:
CONTACT YOUR CITY COUNCILLOR
Ward 13 Parkdale-High Park: Sarah Doucette
SIGN UP TO KEEP IN TOUCH
We will be sending out meeting dates, progress on actions we've taken and other crucial information as it becomes available.
Your donation will go to funding the campaign, materials and staffing needed to keep up the momentum. Click on the button below to donate through our secure PayPal account.